Monday, December 3, 2012

Grab a Tissue and Pay It Forward!

Hey Ya'll!

Today starts the first day of Mama Laughlin's Pay it Forward(<--click link to see the full Story on Mama's blog)


Every day she and 2 other blogger's, Ali and Holly will be sharing a story of a family in need this Christmas.  I will link to their pages every day so that you can read these stories with me and hopefully, with this big wide world of blogging we can help each and every one of these families! 

I'm going to post a small part of the story but please click on the link for the whole story. 


This is a story submitted by Marcy from KY Recipient: Traci {widow} and her six children
Location: KY/OH border


" We lost our close friend Brian back on March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) of this year in a tragic motorcycle accident.  He left behind a wife and six children with the youngest being 2 now and the oldest being 16 years of age.  I am sure that this Christmas is going to be extra hard, not only trying to provide six children with gifts, but to make it through the holidays alone without her Husband. 

Click here for the rest of the story on Holly's blog.


Inner City Kids
State- Florida
Everyday, all of my kids come to school in their embroidered shirts and pants that they must buy; black shoes and a belt. They enter my room, ready to learn. As their minds are full of eagerness, and their hearts are filled  with love, the haunting sounds of some of their stomachs growling takes over. As I was teaching a lesson one day, I looked around the room and six of my kids had their heads down with their arms wrapped around their belly's. At first, maybe out of instinct, I wanted to approach them and discipline them for not paying attention. But then I started to think...
Did they eat breakfast in the cafeteria?
Did I remember to hand out snack yesterday?
How many hours has it been since lunch yesterday?
And in that moment that seemed to last 10 minutes, I found myself staring at the whiteboard with my back to the class trying to make my tears disappear. 

Click here to read the entire story on Mama Laughlin's blog.


Funds for a service dog to help 6 year old Jack

Please meet Amy and her son Jack! I really hope we can help!
Hi! My 6 year old son Jack was just diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 3 weeks ago, and we've been really struggling with some severe lows at night. In my research, I've spoken to several people in support groups who have recommended a Diabetic Alert Dog as a way to help us be more aware of his nighttime levels. These dogs are relatively new to the Service Dog industry, but they've proven to be extremely helpful, especially for children. They're specially trained to "scent" out the changes in blood glucose levels, and then alert the caregiver that it's time to check with a meter. The dogs will alert for both high blood sugar, and low blood sugar, and they have an average of 98% accuracy. If I had a D.A.D. for my son, then the dog would be able to sense his levels throughout the night and I would have one less worry.

Click here to see the rest of the story on Aly's blog.

Are you bawling yet?  I am.  I can barely see my screen to type.  I want to help all of them but since I can't...I need your help....together, we can all make a difference!! 

Please, please, share these stories on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...EVERYWHERE!!

Email MLholidayPayitForward@yahoo.com  if one of these stories touches your heart strings and let Mama, Aly or Holly know you want to help!  Make sure you put the blogger's name that featured the story + the story's title. (ex: Mama: Inner City Kids)


Enjoy...The Curvy Life.



No comments: