Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daydreaming of...Chandeliers and Faux Fireplaces!

As we continue the search for a "perfect" first home, I can't help but to continue daydreaming about how I'll decorate...we put an offer on a house but it's a "Short Sale" so we won't know for awhile if it's ours.  Yeah, I know...it's called a "short sale" but takes forever...makes NO sense...I have decided that IF I am lucky enough to have a dining room I want to do a "faux" fireplace in lieu of a hutch/china cabinet...especially since I do not even own china and I have a hutch I'm putting in my breakfast area....it would be over kill...maybe one day after we get married and get some fancy china...but for now, one hutch will do! And yes...we're buying a house before we're married...no comment, please.  I can be old fashioned in a lot of ways but I can be so modern at the same time...I'm crazy like that!


And here, my friends, is some FABULOUS inspiration...

FIRST up...The Faux Fireplaces/Mantels.....


My beautiful friend Erin, over at It's a Wannabe Decorators Life
 has such a lovely home...
so much inspiration to be found over at her blog...
for instance, her to die for faux mantel!! 
 *sigh*

I am totally loving this look!  Oh, that old window!!
 For us Dallas girls...these are ALL over the place at
First Monday Trade Days...
and I'm loving how she added  the lights under the logs
to make it look like a fire!  LOVE IT ALL!!!!


This look is just so clean and I love that antique mirror!


The Nester always has the cutest ideas...
I love the shutters w/ the old frame attached...just adorable!

Ahhhh...and on to the Chandeliers....
I want an island in my kitchen so badly...but it may not happen...can't get EVERYTHING we want, right?!?

But If i did have one...oh how I would die to have a chandelier over it...just look at these kitchens...they're down right dreamy!

Hmmm....
Thinking I could maybe add a small island/butcher block
like this one to almost any kitchen...


I love the "funkiness" of this kitchen...
It screams ROCK N ROLL...my best friend would love this!


What isn't there to say about this one...IN.LOVE. 
Especially loving all those wine bottles!  YES, please!



OK, I seriously NEED this table.  I'm in love with it! 

Well...I think that is enough LOVELINESS  for today!!

Enjoy...The Curvy Life!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun shopping and planning for your first home! Just 5 years ago I moved into mine with my family. Such fun! Stopping by from Tiggerific Tuesday blog hop!

Jessy
http://oursideofthemtnblogspot.com

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I think that you are a very smart, modern gal !!! lol I have a faux fireplace in my dining room and love it. I hope you get your house and everything else you want too... smiles.