Sunday, September 11, 2011

Un-Burning My Burners!

While browsing Pinterest I came across a Pin that linked to a blog, The V Spot, she shows a cheap, easy way to remove cooked on grease and grime from your burners! When we moved into our new house it was clear that the previous owner did a lot of cooking on these burners and they have what seems like years and years of cooked on grease and grime!  I have tried several cleaners to get this off, to no avail.  When I saw this Pin I knew I had to try it.
Here's what you'll need:
  • Ammonia (I got mine at Dollar General for $1)
  • Large baggies (big enough to fit one burner in)
  • Cookie Sheets
  • Burners
Put each burner in a baggie on a cookie sheet 

 Pour 1/4 c ammonia into a measure cup 
 Pour 1/4 cup into each bag w/ burner
 Tie closed or "zip" if you used that kind
 Move cookie sheets outside and leave overnight

This is as far as I've gotten...Check back tomorrow to see how they turned out!!  Here are a few pics of how nasty they are/were:



And I can't post a blog today, 09/11/2011 without mentioning the events that rocked our Nation 10 years ago.  I remember that day vividly, I was off work, I had Tuesdays off at that time.  My mom called me and woke me up and told me to turn on the news.  I sat in front of my TV in tears the entire day.  I sit here today, writing this post watching news coverage of those same events, in tears again.  It was a day in America's history that will never be forgotten and never be understood.  I had the great opportunity to visit New York City in October of 2002.  Here are some of my pictures of our visit to Ground Zero.  A humbling, sorrowful visit to say the lease.

Me signing a wall to all the victims. 
 My sister in law and I with a NYC police officer.
 (Notice our rain coats...it rained our entire trip)



 This is a sculpture that stood in between the 2 Trade Centers, you can read all about it here. They put it in Battery Park just as it was after the collapse of the Trade Centers w/ an eternal flame to honor all that lost their lives that day.

Don't Forget to check back tomorrow to see how my burners turn out and...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Enjoy...The Curvy Life!


**A quick note for safety, NEVER mix ammonia w/ any product that contains bleach.  I would just be safe and don't mix ammonia with anything! :)**


1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Thanks for giving it a try. I know you'll be amazed by the results! :)