Thursday, February 28, 2013

Skinny Sour Cream & Chicken Enchiladas

Hi Ya'll!

I have a yummmmy recipe to share today!
I found it on Pinterest years ago...like it was one of my first pins...but for some reason I'm just now making them!
Ingredients
• 16 oz. fat free sour cream
• 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
• 1 tbls. fresh chopped cilantro (1/2 tbls. dried)
• 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (I recommend boiling this the night before)
• 1 can Mexican Rotel
• 1 cup chopped onions (optional)
• 8 low carb tortillas
• 1 cup shredded pepper jack and colby cheese blend
• 1 can diced green chilies

Take random pictures of your kitchen while waiting for the chicken to boil.

Seriously, boil your chicken the night before if you're making this on a work night.
If you do, it will take no time at all to make these puppies!

Directions
In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, soup and cilantro. Heat through and set aside.

Combine the chicken, rotel, onions and green chilies in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Heat until onions are transparent. Or if you omit onions like I have done, for a few minutes to blend the flavors and juices. 

Warm the tortillas until flexible. (I microwave them for 10 seconds sandwiched between two damp paper towels.)
Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbs. of the chicken mixture.
Top with about 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese
Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down (or they will unravel and you will be annoyed.) in a 8×11 dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Pour/Spread the sour cream sauce over enchiladas
Top with the remaining cheese
Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.







 Seriously delish.  
If you love sour cream like me
 (I may have been known to eat just a spoon full)

A few tips from me:
Be sure to stir the sauce...a lot or it will burn.
This makes 8 enchiladas.  If you are childless, like us, I recommend halfing the recipe.
  We have leftovers for lunch, dinner and my prego bff is getting lunch tomorrow too.  
Boil your chicken the night before if making on a weeknight.


Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275; Total Fat: 8g;  Total Carbs: 30g; Protein: 14g
This recipe adapted from Skinny Mom.

Enjoy...The Curvy Life.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oh mannnn that looks good! Thanks for sharing!