Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If I Was A Rich Girl...

For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of living in an old Southern Plantation home..  I'm pretty sure that obsession started with my love of the movie "Gone With The Wind"!  It is my all time favorite movie!!
I dreamt of being Scarlett...who am I kidding, I still dream of being her!!  I had a friend tell me the other day that she wasn't very nice.  Yes, this is true...but she had the most beautiful dresses!  Even the one made out of curtains!!

It's not unusual to find me looking on Google for "Antebellum Plantation Homes for Sale"...a girl can dream, right?

Here are a few that caught my eye...I've put the link to the site I found them on so you can see interior pictures too...be prepared to drool!

Washington Plantation c.1848 - Washington, Georgia

Antebellum Plantation c.1840


D'Evereux Plantation c.1840 Natchez, Mississippi

I've also always dreamed of going on a "Plantation Home Tour Vacation"!!  How fun would that be??  SO FUN!!!

Well, if you love Plantation Homes like me...I hope you enjoyed these beauties!!










No comments: