Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Me

Now that it's officially 2011 I'm ready to reveal my blog and what it's all about!  I plan to use this blog as motivation to myself and anyone else who may need it.  I have struggled with my weight for years now, tried all different diets, lost and gained weight...you know, the typical "yo-yoing" that comes with weight struggles!


A good girlfriend and I discovered we both have "body dismorphia (in a good way)"...usually body dismorphia is used to describe anorexics looking in the mirror and seeing themselves as fat.  For so long I've looked in the mirror and said "Oh, it's not THAT bad..." but in the past few months I think that God has really opened my eyes to see my true self.



On Monday I am going to join Weight Watchers.  Right now they are waiving the enrollment fee!http://www.weightwatchers.com/  I have done WW's several times before and been successful but when I've been the most successful is when I actually go to the meetings!  So I've decided to join in Frisco so that I can go on my lunch break and am only dependent on myself to go...I've learned over the years that when it comes to dieting there is only one person you can rely on and that's yourself!  It's fun to have a workout partner or a best friend who is dieting with you but at the end of the day only YOU can make yourself successful! 

I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and I will post my grocery list for all to see...feel free to comment on things I could add next week or even things that I should eliminate or substitute with something else.

So here goes....please follow me on my journey through "The Curvy Life"!!

2 comments:

I like it, I love it! said...

I love it! So proud of you and can't wait to follow you. I know you can do it!!! Love ya girl and your blog!

Leslie Biddy-Fraser said...

I am so proud of you! This is such a neat idea and you have motivated me! I have to get serious not only because who wouldn't want to loose weight but with my diabetes and all my health issues I need to watch everything I put in my body. So excited to follow you on this!