Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Dreaded Sunday Grocery Shopping Trip!

After a long day of cleaning the house and cleaning out the pantry and refrigerator I forced myself to go to Wal-Mart to get my groceries so that I can start eating right tomorrow!  And I sure did stop at Taco Casa on my way home to eat my last "bad" meal!! Don't judge!


Here's my grocery list:

tomatoes(2)
lettuce
red onion (1)
potatoes
sweet potatoes (2)
mushrooms (for recipe below)
apples (3)
oranges (3)
bananas (3)
Nature's Own Wheat Bread - 35 calories per slice
98% FF Tortillas
Frozen Blueberries
Lean Cuisines (4-6)
Frozen Veggies (Green Beans, Broccoli)
Marinara Sauce (for recipe below)
Lipton Onion Soup Mix (for recipe below)
Pace Picante Mild Sauce
Frozen Blueberries (put in my yogurt)
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Corn Flakes (for recipe below)
Cinnamon Swirl Oatmeal
Breakfast bars
Lunch Meat (turkey/ham)
2% Cheese Slices
2% Shredded Cheese
Shredded Mozzarella (for recipe below)
2% Shredded Parmesan Cheese (for recipe below)
Chicken Breasts
Baked Chips (Doritos, tostitos)
Fat Free Pudding
Yogurt
Skim Milk
100 Cal Snacks


My total grocery bill was $194...now I know that sounds excessive but I did buy My Honey some not so dietetic food and of course, we ran out of laundry detergent, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc!!  I'm sure that if I hadn't had to buy all that extra stuff my bill would have been around $100-$125...not bad considering I haven't bought groceries in about 4 weeks!


Here are 3 recipes that we'll be having for dinner this week.  They're all low fat/calorie recipes and REALLY good!!


This recipe is for a Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan...I've made it once before and I'll be honest...I burned the 2 first pieces and My Honey came to the rescue and made the rest...and it was DELICIOUS!!!!  I bought some "healthy" pasta to serve with it.



This recipe is for Oven "Fried" Chicken.  I have not tried this particular recipe but I have tried a similar one...it's a great way to change up chicken!  Chicken can get very old after awhile on a diet!!

This is one of my FAVORITE recipes...it is SO good!!!  I've never made it for My Honey so I'm excited to see if he likes it too!
(sorry, no pic of this one..I'll take one when I make it though!)

A side item I'm making is New Potatoes w/ Lipton Onion Soup Mix.  SUPER easy...
Slice New Potatoes and lay out in pan (grease pan w/ Pam)
Spray potatoes w/ Pam
Sprinkle Lipton Onion Soup Mix over potatoes, make sure all potatoes are covered.
Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.


Enjoy...The Curvy Life!

No comments: