Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Got Motivation?

Does anyone else call the Treadmill the DREADmill?  My friend, Casey and I came up with that name a few years ago...I think I've even blogged about this before.  I hate it, it's so boring.  Yeah, my gym has TV's on the treadmills and I have my iPhone and fun music but it still SUCKS!  Good news...I've found something to make that 45 minutes not so horrid!  I have started running and walking...where before I just walked....and walked...and walked for what felt like 5 hours!  I usually do a warm-up for about 5 minutes, then I will run for 1.5-2 minutes, walk for 1.5-2 minutes.  You'll be so surprised at how much faster the time goes by!  Try it!  The Couch to 5K program is also great!  If you're already an avid runner, well, I hate you I'm jealous of you...share what you did to get to where you are now, please!

And here's some motivation that I've found on Pinterest...I literally quote these sayings to myself when I'm on the DREADmill and feel like I'm probably going to topple over dead any second!!


This one is my favorite! 
I get really, really bad shin splints and while I know that I don't need to over-do it with the running, I also know myself and that at that first twinge of pain I want to stop.  I have to push until the pain is unbearable or I'll never work up those muscles to get past the pain!

 I'm short, therefore, I have short legs.  I always feel like the person running next to me at like 6.0 is looking over at my speed and laughing inside...I have to remind myself that "Hey, at least I'm AT the gym and not on my couch eating bon-bons!" 
side note:Does anyone really eat bon-bons?  I don't even know what those are!




This website has great playlists for running!


I'm so bad about saying to myself  "You've had a rough day, you deserve this blizzard from Dairy Queen!"  Ok, so maybe I did have a bad day, that doesn't make it OK to inhale 1500 calories all at once!  All I'm doing when I do that is hurting me!  I'm not hurting my "bad day" or the person that caused my bad day...I've let them win!  Instead of rewarding myself with food I am trying to learn to go do something active.  Not necessarily working out (I am not to that point yet, working out is punishment, not reward!) but doing a craft, painting something that's needed to be painted...something other than lounging on the couch feeling sorry for myself!

I took a few "Before" pictures about a week ago.  I plan to take pictures of myself every 30 days.  I'm hoping that maybe this will help keep me on track. (I'll post those when they're not quite so embarassing....maybe, hopefully, in 60 days or so)  Being healthy and losing weight is a constant struggle for me.  I love to eat and I love to be lazy...which is exactly why I'm now overweight and need to lose 50 lbs!  If I could go back 5 years and learn to be healthy and fit, boy would I...but I can't.  I remember my mom saying "lose it now while you only have 20 lbs to lose or you'll be like me looking at 50 lbs!"  Moms, they're always right!!  But did I listen?  Of course not!  I was 25, I knew everything AND drinking $1 beers every night was much more important!  So here I am...on a mission to lose 50 lbs.  I am not in a hurry to lose it because I sure didn't put it on overnight and I know that it most definitely will not come off overnight!  Will I stumble, yes...but the main thing is that I can get myself back up again! 

Enjoy...the Curvy Life!




2 comments:

Lesley Ward said...

I was a VERY avid runner before I had Zane. And I could run a good 3 miles a day!! I got there by constantly and consistently working up and increasing the time I would run. I'd start by running 2 full minutes and then 5 and up and up. And eventually I was running 30 minutes straight!! You have to get passed that really hard first 10 minutes then the rest is a breeze! And I getting back there again! And it feels great!!!!!

HeidiDee said...

Hahaha I love this! I used to be fit and got put on some medication that made me gain weight and then I just got lazy and am struggling! My issue is the "I'll just have this bad food today and tomorrow I'll be good!" I found you on Greetings from Texas linkup and love your blog though!