Thursday, March 29, 2012

Un-Creative Eating

So, I thought I would do a post on what I eat.  I intended to do this post last week....oops!  I am quite un-creative when it comes to my meals, sadly.  I really want to like cooking but I just don't.  I don't hate it...it's just that by the time I make my hour long commute home and working out (yeah, when that happens...), I just don't feel like being all creative in the kitchen.  I'm more of the sit on the couch, catch up on my shows and play on my computer or iPad kind of girl.  I've been known to eat a bowl of cereal for dinner several nights a week.  My poor Honey...this is our daily conversation regarding dinner

Honey: What are we doing for dinner tonight?
Me:  Uhmm....I forgot to lay anything out so I figured we'd just fend for ourselves...
Honey:  Oh, ok.  Do you want me to cook something?  I'll fry you some eggs and bacon...
Me:  Excuse me, I'm watching what I eat!  RUDE!  I'll just have a bowl of cereal, you go ahead and have that heart attack from a skillet!
Honey:  OK...you know, if you just eat smaller portions and exercise you'll drop the weight.
Me:  YOU. HAVE. NO. IDEA. WHAT it's like to be a woman and try to lose weight!  You can drink one less Dr. Pepper (which I can't drink at. all.) a day and lose 5 lbs! I starve myself and exercise (sometimes) and I am lucky to lose 2 lbs in a week! I hate you!  Go away!
Honey: Uhm...Ok, I'm going to go make my bacon and eggs...are you sure you don't want any?
Me: <Glaring Silence>

So you see, I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to food.  In a perfect world we would eat out every night...but I am not so keen on being the size of a house one day so we don't....also, we're not rich!  I have my staples that I eat a lot...and here they are!  Maybe it's something different from your boring diet menu....or maybe you can give me some ideas!  I DO cook...just not all the time and when I do, I like easy, quick recipes because I'm usually about 5 seconds away from eating cardboard, I'm so hungry, when I get home!  What do you eat and do you have any quick, easy recipes you can share with me?



I love, love, love cereal!  My favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats.  My Honey finds this amusing since one of his pet names for me is "Honey Bunches of Oats!" ha!  I usually double up on the servings when I have this for dinner and with skim milk it's around 320 calories.  Not bad for dinner!
 I eat a lot of sandwiches for lunch.  Instead of chips I usually pack a baggy full of grape tomatoes....
 And baby carrots!  The carrots help replace that "crunch" craving we all have from years of eating chips with our sandwiches and the grape tomates...well, they're just yummy and filling!

I recently discovered these 100 calorie sandwich thins...I'm probably way late to the game....anyhow...I love to eat these with Oscar Meyer Cracked Black Pepper Turkey and Honey Ham.  They're also a great replacement as a hamburger bun w/ a Turkey Burger! 

For some reason at night after I've eaten dinner I get a craving for something sweet.  One of my favorite snacks is Cool Whip....
 +

A 60 Calorie Jell-O pudding snack.  I mix it up in a bowl and it's SO FREAKING GOOD!

 I saved the best (in my opinion) for last.  Have you seen that they now make 100 Cal Milano Cookies?  I go through a box in less than a week!  I eat them as my in between breakfast and lunch snack!  They are quite filling for only 2 cookies! 

So...what do you like to eat and share some recipes!  Please!

Enjoy...the Curvy Life!

1 comment:

David Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.